Arriving & Making New Friends!

Well, I made it! After 3 flights, 10 hours of layovers, and one delayed bag, I arrived in Terceira just before  1pm local time yesterday!! I could definitely feel all of your prayers as throughout the traveling process. Everything went smoothly, and I even had some more moments of divine affirmation. I'll post more about those later this week.

Day one was spent visiting the camp to see the progress (there's been a lot!), attending a CEF meeting (that I didn't really understand much of because I was tired and it was in Portuguese), and spending time with the Nilsens, who are hosting me for my first few days here. I'll move in with Senora Edite in a few days.

Last night as I was lying down to sleep (at 8:45pm, don't judge, I don't sleep well on planes), I prayed for God to send me some friends here who might be in a similar life stage as me. Well, once again He's already begun to confirm His faithfulness! This morning at Azorean Baptist Church I met a new friend named Mianna. She's from America and just moved here two weeks ago to work at the Air Force Base. After talking with her I'm sure we're going to be great friends, and I'm excited to see how the Lord continues to answer this prayer!

Thank you all for praying for me and encouraging me as I traveled! I'll do my best to keep updating frequently!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

2 Response to "Arriving & Making New Friends!"

  1. Kacey Cole Says:
    January 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM

    So glad to hear God is already opening those doors of friendship for you!! BTW - I need your address!

  2. Anonymous Says:
    January 14, 2013 at 6:17 PM

    Wooty woot!! You blog?! *I* blog!!!!! Not that I did it, um, at ALL while I was living in DC...but it's one of the things I hoped to feel centered enough to get back to while I'm here...aaaawww!!! You got some good stuff here, sister! xoxo Mianna PS - I picked Anonymous because I'm too lazy to figure the other options out tonight - HA! ;))

Post a Comment