Proof of God

There’s something about this island that sparks my need for adventure and exploration. One of my favorite things that I’ve done since I’ve been here is going for long walks just to enjoy the beauty of God’s creation and see what I can see. Here are a few pictures of what I’ve seen so far:






This is the church in the "town" where I'm living. It was built in 1500!!



One of my favorites!

Sra. Edite, my wonderful host "mom" 





In the clubs this week we’ve been teaching the kids about God and asking the question “Does God exist? How do we know God exists?” In our answers, we offered three main points that prove God’s existence: nature, people, and the word of God (the Bible).  For the kids, we helped them make a poster displaying the evidence of God’s existence. For me, I’m being reminded of His power and glory with each and every fork in the road, cow in the pasture, and each time a sweet new Portuguese friend welcomes me with open arms.

Clara helping Samuel & Bianca

Bianca was so proud of her work! 


Sweet Nadia! 

“Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them by name, by the greatness of his might, and because he is strong in power not one is missing.” Isaiah 40:26

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

1 Response to "Proof of God"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    January 30, 2013 at 4:25 PM

    So great to see what your seeing and what you are doing! Thinking of you often. - Amy

Post a Comment